LiveData and DSS, Inc. Implementation Increases Patient Safety and Access to Surgery at Las Vegas Veterans Healthcare Facility
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 27, 2018 ‒ LiveData, Inc. today announced that the Department of Veterans Affairs healthcare facility in Las Vegas is now using LiveData® PeriOp Planner™ system of engagement in its operating rooms. LiveData partner, Document Storage Systems, Inc. (DSS, Inc.), integrated PeriOp Manager with VA’s electronic health record (EHR) system and installed the solution throughout the OR suite at the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS).
Part of the North Las Vegas VA Medical Center, VASNHS provides health care services to nearly 62,000 patients yearly, exceeding 890,000 outpatient visits per year. This comprehensive VA Medical Center is a 90-bed inpatient facility with eight operating rooms and state-of-the-art medical and diagnostic services.
LiveData and DSS, Inc. have partnered to deliver and install a perioperative workflow solution for users of the Veterans Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) health information system. LiveData PeriOp Manager modules installed at VASNHS include LiveData Patient Flow, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, Family Waiting Board, and PeriOp Manager Analytics.
“Automating perioperative workflow is helping the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System improve our operational efficiency and clinical quality,” said Greg Clark, VASNHS OR Manager. “At the same time, we are getting positive feedback from clinical teams observing how real-time visual information improves communication around patients and safety during surgery.”
“Veterans have given much in service to our country, and we can give no greater tribute than to pursue continued excellence in the VHA health care system,” said Mark Byers, President and CEO of DSS, Inc. “LiveData PeriOp Manager serves an essential role as a vital patient safety solution for Veteran care.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager visually integrates patient information and perioperative case workflow to improve communications and enable clinical teams to coordinate and manage patient care throughout perioperative areas. Coordinating patient flow, patient care, and related resources in real-time streamlines OR throughput and promotes full compliance with CMS, The Joint Commission, and other critical patient safety mandates.
“Almost like a military unit, the perioperative suite comprises an array of experts who require the best and most appropriate tools necessary to complete the task at hand, efficiently and safely,” said LiveData President and CEO Jeff Robbins. “Integrating the right tools and technologies with both VistA and other EHRs enables today’s surgical teams to focus fully on the patient, and deliver the quality of care that Veterans deserve.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager
LiveData PeriOp Manager is a fully integrated, real-time perioperative system of engagement that coordinates and manages the patient’s journey through surgery. This provides unprecedented operational intelligence. PeriOp Manager enables high-performing clinical teams to plan, visualize, and analyze surgical workflows. Health systems leverage their strategic EHR investment by empowering hospitals and surgery centers to measurably track, improve, and sustain performance.
LiveData PeriOp Manager includes:
- PeriOp Planner: a scheduling workflow solution that visually coordinates the patient’s steps from surgical consultation through preparation to scheduling.
- Patient Flow: a patient check-in process integrated into perioperative workflow tracking.
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow confirms that the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations.
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information, including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist.
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput.
- Family Waiting Board: a HIPAA-compliant display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process.
- PeriOp Manager Analytics: a comprehensive big data analysis, transforming real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence.
About DSS, Inc.
DSS is a leading software and services company that creates and delivers advanced health information technology (HIT) solutions. For 25 years, healthcare organizations have benefited from our technical and service integration expertise. DSS has extensive experience working with federal, private and public healthcare facilities to modernize their legacy systems and to improve efficiencies for clinical and administrative users through breakthrough technology. For more information, visit www.dssinc.com.
LiveData, Inc. is a leading innovator in real-time operational intelligence solutions that enable caregivers to plan, visualize, and analyze the patient’s surgical journey. Leading medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, community hospitals, including St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, and Veterans Health Administration facilities have selected LiveData solutions to improve patient safety, team communication, and perioperative efficiency. LiveData is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.livedata.com
# # #
LiveData and Active Time Out are registered trademarks of LiveData, Inc. LiveData PeriOp Manager, PeriOp Planner, Surgery Planner, Service Block Planner, Patient Flow, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, Family Waiting Board, PeriOp Manager Analytics, and PeriOp Cloud are trademarks of LiveData, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.
For LiveData: Ed Bride, 413-442-7718 (Ed@edbride-pr.com)
For DSS: Matthew Langan, 202-262-3340 (email@example.com)