LiveData and DSS, Inc. Implementation Increases Patient Safety and Access to Surgery for Veterans in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 1, 2018 – LiveData, Inc. today announced that the Department of Veterans Affairs healthcare facility in Pittsburgh is using LiveData PeriOp Manager , a perioperative system of engagement, in all 14 of its operating rooms. LiveData partner Document Storage Systems, Inc. (DSS, Inc.) integrated PeriOp Manager with the VA’s electronic health record (EHR) system and installed the solution throughout the perioperative suite.
Comprising two clinical care facilities in Pittsburgh and five community-based outpatient clinics, the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (VAPHS) serves the Veteran population throughout the tri-state area of Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia. VAPHS is home to national independent liver and renal transplant centers, a regional cardiac surgery center, a bariatric referral center, an oncology referral center, and a dialysis center. The healthcare system has earned recognition as a National Center of Clinical Excellence in women Veterans health programs and in renal dialysis.
LiveData and DSS, Inc. have partnered to bring a best of breed perioperative workflow solution for users of the Veterans Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) health information system at VA facilities across the country. LiveData PeriOp Manager modules installed at VAPHS include LiveData PeriOp Planner, Patient Flow, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, Family Waiting Board, and PeriOp Manager Analytics.
"Just as patient safety and quality health care go hand in hand, LiveData PeriOp Manager serves as a critical system of engagement for clinicians," said Mark Byers, President and CEO of DSS. "We are proud to serve on the team that is ensuring better healthcare for our Veterans."
LiveData PeriOp Manager visually integrates patient information and perioperative case workflow to improve communications and enable clinical teams to coordinate and manage patient care throughout perioperative areas. Coordinating patient flow, patient care, and related resources in real-time streamlines OR throughput and promotes full compliance with CMS, The Joint Commission, and other critical patient safety mandates.
“Information technology has become the clinician’s greatest ally in bringing high-quality patient care to Veterans,” said LiveData President and CEO Jeff Robbins. “Improved communication, workflow, and patient safety are core benefits we deliver to VA hospitals.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager
LiveData PeriOp Manager is a fully integrated, real-time perioperative system of engagement that coordinates and manages the patient’s journey through surgery. This provides unprecedented operational intelligence. PeriOp Manager enables high-performing clinical teams to plan, visualize, and analyze surgical workflows. Health systems leverage their strategic EHR investment by empowering hospitals and surgery centers to measurably track, improve, and sustain performance.
LiveData PeriOp Manager includes:
- PeriOp Planner: a scheduling workflow solution that visually coordinates the patient’s steps from surgical consultation through preparation to scheduling.
- Patient Flow: a patient check-in process integrated into perioperative workflow tracking.
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow confirms that the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations.
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information, including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist.
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput.
- Family Waiting Board: a HIPAA-compliant display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process.
- PeriOp Manager Analytics: a comprehensive big data analysis, transforming real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence.
About DSS, Inc.
DSS is a leading software and services company that creates and delivers advanced health information technology (HIT) solutions. For 25 years, healthcare organizations have benefited from our technical and service integration expertise. DSS has extensive experience working with federal, private, and public healthcare facilities to modernize their legacy systems and to improve efficiencies for clinical and administrative users through breakthrough technology. For more information, visit www.dssinc.com.
LiveData, Inc. is a leading innovator in real-time operational intelligence solutions that enable caregivers to plan, visualize, and analyze the patient’s surgical journey. Leading medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, community hospitals, including St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, and Veterans Health Administration facilities have selected LiveData solutions to improve patient safety, team communication, and perioperative access and efficiency. LiveData is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.livedata.com.
# # #
LiveData and Active Time Out are registered trademarks of LiveData, Inc. LiveData PeriOp Manager, PeriOp Planner, Surgery Planner, Service Block Planner, Patient Flow, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, Family Waiting Board, PeriOp Manager Analytics, and PeriOp Cloud are trademarks of LiveData, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.
For LiveData: Ed Bride, 413-442-7718 (Ed@edbride-pr.com)
For DSS: Matthew Langan, 202-262-3340 (email@example.com)