LiveData and DSS, Inc. Implementation Increases Access to Surgery for Veterans in San Diego and Imperial Valley Counties
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 7, 2018 – LiveData, Inc. today announced that the Department of Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System (VASDHS) is using LiveData® PeriOp Manager™, a perioperative system of engagement, in all eight of its operating rooms. LiveData partner Document Storage Systems, Inc. (DSS, Inc.) integrated PeriOp Manager with the VA’s electronic health record (EHR) system and installed the solution throughout the perioperative suite.
VASDHS provides high-quality health care with advanced technologies to Veterans in the San Diego and Imperial Valley counties. The facility has 296 authorized beds and operates several regional referral programs including cardiovascular surgery and spinal cord injury. Affiliated with the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, VASDHS provides training for medical interns, residents, and fellows, and has one of the largest research programs in the VA nationally with 205 principal investigators and 686 projects.
“At VA San Diego, we are improving first-case on-time starts, decreasing the number of hours lost to late first cases, and reducing last-minute surgery cancellations,” said William Ardill, MD, Associate Chief Surgical Services and Section Chief General Surgery. “We track these improvements in real time to enable us to continuously optimize our surgical schedules and increase access to care.”
LiveData and DSS, Inc. have partnered to deliver and install a perioperative workflow solution for users of the Veterans Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA) health information system at VA facilities across the country. LiveData PeriOp Manager modules installed at VASDHS include LiveData PeriOp Planner, Patient Flow, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, Family Waiting Board, and PeriOp Manager Analytics.
“LiveData is a critical partner in helping us bring leading-edge technology to the VA,” said Mark Byers, President and CEO of DSS. “We are proud to serve on the team that is ensuring better healthcare for our Veterans.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager visually integrates patient information and perioperative case workflow to improve communications and enable clinical teams to coordinate and manage patient care throughout perioperative areas. Coordinating patient flow, patient care, and related resources in real-time streamlines OR throughput and promotes full compliance with CMS, The Joint Commission, and other critical patient safety mandates.
“Connecting patients and their clinical teams as they prepare for surgery is essential to providing the patient with the best possible surgical experience and outcome,” said LiveData President and CEO Jeff Robbins. “From initial preparation to home recovery, our integrated communication and workflow solution helps deliver the quality surgical care our Veterans deserve.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager
LiveData PeriOp Manager is a fully integrated, real-time perioperative system of engagement that coordinates and manages the patient’s journey through surgery. This provides unprecedented operational intelligence. PeriOp Manager enables high-performing clinical teams to plan, visualize, and analyze surgical workflows. Health systems leverage their strategic EHR investment by empowering hospitals and surgery centers to measurably track, improve, and sustain performance.
LiveData PeriOp Manager includes:
- PeriOp Planner: a scheduling workflow solution that visually coordinates the patient’s steps from surgical consultation through preparation to scheduling.
- Patient Flow: a patient check-in process integrated into perioperative workflow tracking.
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow confirms that the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations.
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information, including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist.
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput.
- Family Waiting Board: a HIPAA-compliant display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process.
- PeriOp Manager Analytics: a comprehensive big data analysis, transforming real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence.
About DSS, Inc.
DSS is a leading software and services company that creates and delivers advanced health information technology (HIT) solutions. For 25 years, healthcare organizations have benefited from our technical and service integration expertise. DSS has extensive experience working with federal, private, and public healthcare facilities to modernize their legacy systems and to improve efficiencies for clinical and administrative users through breakthrough technology. For more information, visit www.dssinc.com.
LiveData, Inc. is a leading innovator in real-time operational intelligence solutions that enable caregivers to plan, visualize, and analyze the patient’s surgical journey. Leading medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, community hospitals, including St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, and Veterans Health Administration facilities have selected LiveData solutions to improve patient safety, team communication, and perioperative access and efficiency. LiveData is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.livedata.com.
# # #
LiveData and Active Time Out are registered trademarks of LiveData, Inc. LiveData PeriOp Manager, PeriOp Planner, Surgery Planner, Service Block Planner, Patient Flow, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, Family Waiting Board, PeriOp Manager Analytics, and PeriOp Cloud are trademarks of LiveData, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For LiveData: Ed Bride, 413-442-7718 (Ed@edbride-pr.com)
For DSS: Matthew Langan, 202-262-3340 (email@example.com)