CAMBRIDGE, Mass., July 28, 2015 – LiveData, Inc. today announced that Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) has expanded its deployment of LiveData PeriOp Manager™, adding LiveData OR-Schedule Board™ to its growing patient safety and operational intelligence deployments. A key module in LiveData PeriOp Manager, OR-Schedule Board provides a large-screen view of the day's surgical cases, showing the real-time status of all rooms in the OR suite with case milestone indications and alerts. It dynamically updates changes in real-time and uniquely predicts the actual case flow for the day, so perioperative teams have actionable data to influence OR utilization.
LiveData PeriOp Manager synchronizes perioperative workflow throughout the entire perioperative suite to create an optimal care environment for staff and patients alike. Coordinating patient flow, patient care, and related resources from preoperative assessment to discharge in real-time, PeriOp Manager streamlines OR throughput and promotes full compliance with CMS, The Joint Commission, and other critical patient safety mandates. OR-Schedule Board is a real-time view of the day’s surgical caseload. It automatically adjusts case start and end times based on real-time case workflow monitoring, and provides interactive tools to automate OR assignment and clinical staffing on the fly.
“Hospitals are under constant pressure to cut costs safely, while maintaining their commitment to patient safety and quality healthcare,” said LiveData CEO Jeff Robbins. “One of the most effective ways to improve the bottom line is by optimizing the scheduling of resources, both equipment and personnel. OR-Schedule Board brings a new level of efficiency and effectiveness to clinical staff and management.”
OR-Schedule Board has been deployed in all operating rooms at Mass General.
Web-based OR-Schedule Board is accessible from any authorized workstation throughout the OR suite – PreOp, PACU, ICU, staff lounges, and even locker rooms.
LiveData PeriOp Manager integrates real-time data with workflow automation to coordinate and manage patient care throughout the perioperative suite. PeriOp Manager includes:
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput.
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow confirms the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations.
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist.
- Patient Flow: a patient check-in process integrated into perioperative workflow tracking.
- Family Waiting Board: a display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process.
- Analytics: comprehensive big data analysis, transforming real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence.
LiveData, Inc. is a leading innovator in real-time operational intelligence solutions. The company’s healthcare solutions gather real-time data from across the perioperative suite, coordinate it with team workflow, and present it as meaningful information on easy-to-read, graphic displays. Leading medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and Veterans Health Administration facilities have selected LiveData solutions to improve patient safety, team communication, and perioperative efficiency. LiveData is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, visit www.livedata.com
# # #
LiveData, LiveData PeriOp Manager, OR-Dashboard, Active Time Out, OR-Schedule Board, Patient Flow, Family Waiting Board, and PeriOp Manager Analytics are trademarks of LiveData, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners, and are used for identification purposes only.
Contact: Edward Bride, 413-442-7718 ([email protected])