CAMBRIDGE, Mass., January 27, 2017 – LiveData, Inc. a leader in real-time integration and display technology for healthcare, today announced the appointment of William Plourde as Vice President of Engineering. Plourde will be responsible for technology strategy and execution of LiveData’s integration and workflow automation products for the perioperative suite.
A veteran of more than 20 years of technical leadership experience, Plourde comes to LiveData from HealthcareSource, where he was CTO and VP of Engineering, overseeing development of a talent management suite specific to Healthcare. He has been involved as a developer and manager of SaaS software, including solutions for the electronics manufacturing, talent management, and healthcare industries.
LiveData has deployed its technology in hospitals throughout North America, playing a leadership role in advancing perioperative efficiency and patient safety. The company’s flagship product, LiveData PeriOp Manager™ coordinates patient flow, patient care, and related resources from preoperative assessment to discharge in real-time. PeriOp Manager streamlines OR throughput and promotes full compliance with CMS, The Joint Commission, and other critical patient safety mandates.
“Will Plourde brings a solid track record of software management experience to LiveData at a time of exciting growth in the healthcare informatics field,” said founder/CEO Jeffrey Robbins. “Increasing complexities are going to be solved by information technology, and Will has shown a keen understanding of and success in this market. Will is a welcome addition to our executive team.”
“LiveData enjoys an enviable reputation as a leader in the field of patient safety and operational intelligence,” said Plourde. “With a broad customer base in healthcare facilities of all sizes, the company is well-positioned to address the needs of the market. I welcome the opportunity to contribute to the company’s growing technology solutions.”
LiveData PeriOp Manager integrates real-time data with workflow automation to coordinate and manage patient care from preoperative assessments through surgery to discharge. The solution includes:
- PeriOp Planner: a scheduling workflow solution that visually coordinates the patient’s steps from referral through preparation to scheduling.
- Patient Flow: a patient check-in process integrated into perioperative workflow tracking.
- PreOp Board: a single, dynamic, operational view of patient status and perioperative case workflow confirms that the necessary prerequisites for surgery are completed in time to ensure on-time starts and reduce unnecessary rescheduling or cancellations.
- OR-Dashboard: a display of patient information, visible to the entire surgical team, integrating data from hospital medical records and physiological devices with automated surgical workflow and patient safety information, including Active Time Out, a real-time, interactive surgical safety checklist.
- OR-Schedule Board: a real-time view of the day’s surgical cases, enabling scheduled procedures to be adjusted as the day unfolds to reduce unnecessary cancellations, staff overtime, and to improve overall patient throughput.
- Family Waiting Board: a display designed for public areas to enable families to track the progress of their loved ones as they move through the surgical process.
- PeriOp Manager Analytics: a comprehensive, interactive analytics tool, transforming real-time operational data into actionable quality, compliance, and efficiency intelligence.
LiveData, Inc. is a leading innovator in real-time operational intelligence solutions that enable caregivers to plan, visualize, and analyze the patient’s surgical journey. Leading medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, and Veterans Health Administration facilities have selected LiveData solutions to improve patient safety, team communication, and perioperative efficiency. LiveData is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, visit http://www.livedata.com.
LiveData and Active Time Out are registered trademarks of LiveData, Inc. LiveData PeriOp Manager, PeriOp Planner, Patient Flow, PreOp Board, OR-Dashboard, OR-Schedule Board, Family Waiting Board, and PeriOp Manager Analytics are trademarks of LiveData, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.
Contact: Edward Bride, 413-442-7718 ([email protected])