We are looking for a motivated Professional Services Engineer to lead our LiveData Utilities Professional Services team. You will be a customer facing engineer with a strong technical background, and the ability to work with multiple customer departments and personalities to deliver integrated solutions to our customers. You will be responsible for configuring our software, authoring custom Python scripts to manage data and integrate LiveData RTI Server with multiple IT and OT systems, and managing projects lasting from days to months. You will help customers, the sales team, and engineering teams to understand our current products and opportunities for future product development.
- Deliver semi-custom solutions and database integrations for our customers
- Interfacing LiveData RTI Server to EMS, OMS, GMS, NMS, RTUs, Trading Systems and other devices and IT systems
- Help to configure and develop visualization screens
- Assume project ownership for multiple concurrent projects
- Help to manage customer expectations
- Interface with sales team to propose best in breed solutions to prospective customers
- Write and modify custom Python scripts to filter data and transfer data
- Help to develop requirements and applications for our future analytics products
- Conduct FAT and SAT testing
- 10 years experience and/or advanced degree in power, industrial engineering, or computer science preferred
- Understands the electrical grid topology, design and controls
- Experience with ICCP, DNP, ModBus, OPC protocols desired
- Experience with RDBMS, Python scripts
- Experience with one or more of the following highly desired:
- OMS, NMS, EMS, GMS, SCADA (for Utilities)
- Network, database and programming proficiency required
- Get it done attitude
- 20 – 30 % travel required
- This position will work out of our Cambridge MA office
Contact Information: email@example.com
About the Company:
LiveData Utilities is a new organization within an established entrepreneurial company working hard to make the grid smarter. We have over 100 utility customers using our products to communicate, consolidate, visualize, and analyze electrical grid data. Our software products enable Grid operators, transmission companies, distribution companies, traders, ISO, RTOS, RTUs, and other SCADA devices to effectively communicate with each other.
We are located in Cambridge overlooking the Charles River, seconds to the Mass Pike, on the bike path, and a 15-minute walk from the Red Line in Central Square. We offer an outstanding benefits package.