We are looking for a creative, resourceful, results-driven Sales Engineer or Professional Services, Applications Engineer looking to take on the responsibility and share in the upside of a sales position. The candidate should have the desire and talent to sell our SmartGrid and Utility software solutions. Working with the General Manager, you will help drive the growth of LiveData Utilities. You need to understand our customers’ applications and successfully engage them in a consultative sales process.
This position will have growing responsibility as the candidate gains experience with our customers and products. You will be responsible for a wide breadth of sales functions, including lead creation, lead nurturing, quote/proposal generation, and ongoing account management.
We are a growing business in an established entrepreneurial company with a talented management team. Your success, and the success of the company, will be tied to growing the sales of our products.
- Interact with prospective customers via phone, email and as required in person
- Gain prospective customers’ confidence that you understand their solution requirements and that the LiveData Utilities’ solution is the best choice for them and their company
- Develop strong relationships with prospective and existing customers
- Meet or exceed sales goals
- Travel to customers’ sites and conferences as required (up to 25% travel)
- Work with marketing to maintain robust lead pipeline
- Stay current with industry trends
- An insatiable desire to interact with and sell solutions to our utility customers
- BA/BS degree
- Experience with one or more of the following systems/technologies: SCADA, Wonderware, LabView DCS, OMS, or other related utility/energy control and systems
- Experience with one or more of the following protocols desired: ICCP, DNP, Modbus, OPC
- Evidence of successful sales skills in any realm (baseball cards sales, charity fundraisers, lemon aide stands and past utility OT software sales experience are all interesting to us)
- Excellent communications skills including great listening, speaking, and writing skills
- Interest in renewable energy, SmartGrid, and other energy technologies is a big plus
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org